On this page we will advertise formal meetings and post Agenda papers, Reports , Resolutions and Comment
Notice of the 2020 AGM on 13 February 2020- gives dates for member reolutions and nominations for office
The Board is not proposing any resolutions this year. Resolutions have generally taken the form of proposed amendments to the Articles or Bye- Laws
We would like, throughout 2020/21, to undertake a general revision of language and content of both documents. There are a number of reasons for this which include
- Tightening the Articles, the legal document, to focus exclusively on aspects of governance and how we conduct our affairs- at present we include some elements more appropriate for a bye-law/rules/agreed conduct document and vice versa we have elements in the Bye Laws that arguably belong in the Artcles
- Considering simpler presentation of the Bye- Laws/ Agreed Rules/Conduct document(s) to makecommunication easier- More use of Plain English
- Given the difficulties we have experienced in recruiting to certain Directorates and Committees, taking the time to review and perhaps restructure the number and range of honorary Directorates as balanced by employed staff and reviewing how sub committees must work- relaxing any perceived constraints
- Taking stock of how some other comparably organised member golf clubs arrange and organise their documents and communications.
- We have tended to add to or amend both document (s) incrementally. Overtime this leads to contradictions or elements being out of date.
- Many members now communicate primarily via smartphones and social media in preference to letters.We use websites, emails, whats app and indeed other models-- any key messages and rules need to be communicated regularly and repetitively in a way that reaches members and is accessible. yet we need a balance of searchable reference documents
For the meeting on 13th February at 8pm in the clubhouse please click links below to view .pdf and word versions of reports
Agenda (word doc)
Directors 'reports .pdf
Directors' reports word.doc
Proxy voting form.pdf
roxy voting form word.doc
Our Annual General Meeting will take place at the club at 8.00pm on Thursday 13 February
RGC is a limited company listed with Companies House. Any member of the public on payment of the relevant fee can look these up.
On this website under the information tab or by clicking the links here you can read our 2019
Articles of Association and our 2019
Bye-laws. We try to keep these under review.
The Articles are our formal business rules and have to be sent to Companies House. The Bye-laws give details of our membership, disciplinary and other resolutions agreed at AGMs.
In day day to day matters the President and Directors implement these Bye-laws, recommending strategic decisions and managing the business of the club. They operate to the rules within the Articles of Association
(pdf) and also
(Word) for Directors and Committee Members can be download here.